Google Chrome can now run android apps and the process to do so is fairly easy. Simply install a third party runtime environment such as ARchon and Chrome can most android apps and games. Here’s a guide to help you out with running android apps and games on Chrome.
However Chrome cannot run android apps and games directly from the apk files as they need to be converted into Chrome apps in order for chrome to recognize them. Fortunately there’s an android app named as Chrome APK Packager which can help you with converting android apps and games into Chrome apps.
While the Chrome APK Packager can convert any android app or game into chrome friendly Chrome app packages, there’s no guarantee that most of the converted android apps will run on Chrome. There are more than 8 million apps on the Android appstore and most of them might not be compatible with chrome when converted into chrome apps.
But for those who are willing to take the risk, you will be happy with the results. Here’s how you can use the Chrome APK Packager app to convert android apps into Chrome friendly Chrome Apps.
Chrome APK Packager Converts your Android Apps into Chrome Apps
- Step 1: Head over to this XDA forum thread and Download the latest version of Chrome APK packager.
- Step 2: Install the Chrome APK Packager app on your android device. ( Note: you will have to enable side loading on your android device )
- Step 3: Run the Chrome APK Packager App and select any android app from the list of apps installed on your android device.
- Step 4: Select the display orientation and and click on Generate Chrome APK.
- Step 5: Wait for a few seconds until the Android app is converted into Chrome App and the following message is displayed. “ Finished, Chrome APK.ZIP located in ChromeAPKS folder.. “
- Step 5: The converted Chrome app can be found in the ChromeAPKS folder in your phone’s internal memory. i.e. Phone memory > ChromeAPKS >
That’s it, you’ve successfully converted an Android app into a Chrome app. Now go ahead and try running the app on Google chrome.