One of the most common things that annoys windows users is the startup lag of their PC when windows boots to the desktop. The main reason for this can be attributed to the various startup programs and services that automatically start when you log into your windows desktop.
When all these programs and services start together, they start to hog your PC’s ram and as a result your PC becomes slow and unresponsive. Well, if this is causing you a problem, then you can disable any of the unnecessary programs and services, which will result in faster loading time to your windows desktop.
However if you don’t want to disable most of the startup programs and services, you can set a delay interval for all the startup programs, which will help your PC to boot somewhat faster. There are several free tools that can help you with setting a delay interval for startup programs and the most popular among them is a free tool called Startup Delayer.
With Startup delayer installed on your windows PC, you can set a delay interval for all the startup programs and when you do this, all the startup programs would start one after another when windows boot, rather than starting simultaneously. Startup delayed is available in both free and paid versions, but the free version is more than enough for individual use .
So here’s how you can delay any windows program at startup with Startup delayer.
Delay Windows Programs at Startup with Startup Delayer
- Step 1: Download and install Startup Delayer from the link provided at the bottom of this page.
- Step 2: Once installed, run Startup Delayer and select the Language.
- Step 3: Adjust Startup delayer’s behaviour according to your needs. Its not necessary though.
- Step 4: Once you get into the program’s interface, you will be provided with an list of startup programs that are currently enabled.
- Step 5: Drag and drop all the programs displayed under Normal startup menu to under Delayed menu.
- Step 6: Select the first program under Delayed and the select Manual Delay at the bottom of the tool. Now change the second value to delay the programs startup according to your requirement.
- Step 7: Finally click on Apply to save the changes.
- Step 8: Similarly, change the delay value for all other startup items.
Once you’ve changed the startup delay time for all the startup programs, restart your pc and you should feel the change.
Download: Startup Delayer for Windows