There are many methods to download YouTube videos on an Android phone . The easiest is by using Keepvid.com or any similar free video downloading services on the internet . But if you want to try a more straightforward and easier method to download videos from YouTube then you can try using a free android app .
Tubemate is a free android app , using which you will be able to download YouTube videos to your android phone . Although the app is not available from the android app store . We can guarantee you that this handy little app is totally safe . Apparently it was once available from the Android app store , but as it was an app to download YouTube videos , it did not comply with Google’s policies and was removed from the Play store .
You can download the Tubemate app from m.Tubemate.com . Visit the link on your Android phone to download and install the tubemate app . Once you have downloaded and installed the Tubemate app , follow the instructions below to download YouTube videos using the Tubemate app . Apart from downloading YouTube videos this app can also download YouTube videos as a MP3 .
Features of Tubemate :
- Fast download mode (with multiple connections for a download)
- Multiple download resolution options
- Background, multi-download
- Resume downloading
- Convert to MP3 (powered by MP3 Media Converter)
- Playlist as video/audio(powered by Meridian Player)
- Share your video finds via Google Buzz, Twitter or e-mail at the tap of a button
- YouTube search and related videos suggestions
- Save favorite videos to your YouTube account, create playlists
Note: Downloading YouTube videos on your Android phone is not recommended while using a 2g / 3G / 4G data connection . Unless you are on a unlimited bandwidth internet plan , downloading YouTube videos will increase your data bill . Always try to use a WiFi connection to download YouTube videos using Tubemate .
Instructions to Download YouTube Videos using Tubemate
- Step 1: Download and install the Tubemate app on your Android phone .
- Step 2: In the app , tap on the search icon and type in your desired videos name .
- Step 3: Once the videos are loaded in the app , tap on a video to play it .
- Step 4: Tap on the green download icon on the top right of the app to download the currently playing YouTube video .
- Step 5: Next you will be prompted to select from a list of video formats to download from . select a video format and tap on the download button to download the YouTube video on your Android phone .
- Step 6: Now the Tubemate app will start downloading the video in your phone’s background . The current progress of the video being downloaded can be accessed by expanding your Android phone’s notifications .
TUBEMATE is bullshit.It shows that my movies has downloaded 100%
When i want to view my videos it shows just a short clip like about 3 minutes and then the video is corrupt.This is the same story with every video i download.
Julia Klarisse Base this is me nice app
It is cool, I enjoy & appreciate it. Only if your device is compatible
KeepVid is still not so good.. My favorite is dlvyoutube that is fast and doesn’t limit downloads in any way.. just adding the dlv part is so simple =)
Thank you for these instructions, really helpful!! I always use acethinker video downloader to save youtube videos, free and works like a charm. It’s a free online app, compatbiles with computer and mobile.
I use a tubemate application