Recently I had updated my iPhone to iOS 9 and like most other people who did so, the Personal Hotspot option went missing after updating the iPhone to iOS 9. This is actually one of the many bugs in iOS 9 and if you are facing the same problem, I will show you can enable the missing personal hotspot feature in iOS 9.
Before we proceed ahead, you need to know that this is a carrier dependent feature and if you have not opted for personal hotspot feature, then your iPhone device is not affected by this bug.
How to Enable the Missing Personal Hotspot Option on iOS 9 and earlier versions
Here’s how you can enable the missing Personal Hotspot option in iOS 9.
- Step 1: Turn on WiFi on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 3: Tap on Mobile Data.
- Step 4: Tap on Mobile Data Options.
- Step 5: Tap on Mobile Data Network.
- Step 6: Scroll down and you should see the Personal Hotspot setting.
- Step 7: Go ahead and enter a name for APN and a password.
- Step 8: Go back to the settings and there you should find the Personal Hotspot option below Mobile Data option.
Step 9: Tap on the button beside Personal Hotspot option and to turn it on.
That’s it, now you should be able to find and use the missing Personal Hotspot option on your iPhone. If you want to hide it again for any reason, then just delete the entries that you’ve made and restart your phone. The Personal Option hotspot would once again be hidden.