On a windows PC , there are many workarounds to remotely shutdown your computer . If you browse through the internet , you will find a lot of how-to guides which will guide you through the process of remotely shutting down a PC , either by using Microsoft outlook or the Thunderbird email client .
While all those methods definitely work , but they are not a direct approach to remotely shutting down a windows PC . Which is why i have found out an easier solution to remotely shutdown a PC from anywhere . All you need is an phone or a computer with an internet access and shutting down your PC will be just a click away .
What do you need ?
In this how-to guide we will be using Airytec Switch Off , a free program which is a around 100 Kb in size and works on most windows operating systems including windows 7 and windows 8 . The program does not has a windows based interface , but it can be easily accessed from the windows notification area .
Feature wise apart from the remote shutdown feature , this small program can also be configured to perform multiple tasks such as automatic shutdown , restart or logging off your windows PC . The program does not need any additional framework or libraries to run and works perfectly even if your windows account is logged off . Now lets move on to find out how we can use Airytec switch off to remote shutdown your windows PC .
Instructions to remotely shutdown your PC using a Phone
- Step 1: Download and install any version of Airytec switch off on your PC.
- Step 2: After the program is installed , Expand the windows notification bar and double click on the programs logo .
- Step 3: From the select schedule drop down menu , select a schedule and set a time period for the executing the action.
- Step 4: Next select shutdown from list of actions and check the “ force applications to close “ , “ warn me before executing the action “ and “ run whether users are logged on or not “ options .
- Step 5: Now from the windows notifications area , right click on the programs logo and select options .
- Step 6: Select the remote tab and click on “ edit web interface settings” . next check “ Enable web interface “ , do not check the ” enable authentication ” option and click on apply .
- Step 7: Click on ” view / update static addresses ” and note down the switch off URL , or even better add it as a bookmark in your phone’s browser for easy access.
- Step 8: Next double click on the program’s icon in the windows notifications and click on “ Enable Task “ .
- Step 9: Now the program is all set . just open the IP address that your bookmarked on your phone and you should see a similar interface as below .
- Step 10: Tap on shutdown and the program will initiate the shutdown countdown on your PC .
Thats it , now you can shut down your PC from anywhere by just a single click . This is by far the most easiest method and it doesn’t even require you to install any pp on your Android or iOS phone .
doesnt work web pages dont load error messages all the time.
I did try this program on 3 separate PC’s and every time it worked perfectly . The only reason it would show a error message , is because your firewall is blocking the requests or you are not using the correct switch off URL .
can you tell what problem did you encounter?
not working does not show me the static adress
when we put update static adress in mobile this dose not work .it open nothing..
Can I use the shutdown remote from my cp to any kinda computer?
I test it with sleep. And now I can’t wake it uppp helppppppppppw
great trick to check out. Thanks lovedeep for sharing
this error is what i get once i put the static ip. please help
Does it work for windows 8.1??
I’m able to connect through internal localhost, but not external IP. I’ve opened/port forwarding the required port in router, no joy.
When I log into the site, it shows this:
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
this seems legit ,. but i cant get this to work i followed everything just say site cant be reached!! can anyone help me out??