VLC is the one of the best media players available for windows. While it may look plain and simple, the media player has a lot of hidden tricks up its sleeves. I have covered a few guides on using these hidden tricks to make the most out of VLC media player and yet there’s a lot of features that i have yet to explore.
Today i am going to guide you through one of the less known features of VLC media player, which is its ability to record your desktop’s video.
As usual you will need to have VLC media player installed on your PC.
How to Record Desktop Video using VLC Media Player
Here’s how you can use VLC media player to record your desktop’s video.
- Step 1: Click on Media and select Open Capture Device.
- Step 2: Click on the drop down beside Capture mode and select Desktop.
- Step 3: Change the Frame rate value to 15 or 30, depending on how smooth you want the recorded video to be.
- Step 4: Click on the upside down arrow button beside the Play button and select Convert.
- Step 5: In the next window, make sure that the profile is set to Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4).
- Step 6: Click on Browse and select the destination folder where you want to save the recorded video.
- Step 7: Finally Click on the Start button to record the video.
Once you’ve recorded the video, you can click on the stop button and the video recording will stop.