If you are switching from an Android to an iPhone or vice versa. Then the first thing that you will need to will be to transfer your contacts from your old phone to the new one. While transferring contacts between two android devices is easy as having a piece of cake, the same thing is somewhat difficult for iPhones.
Recently i switched from an android to the iPhone 6 plus and it took me a while to figure out the easiest and fastest method to transfer the contacts, photos and videos from my old android phone to the new iPhone 6 Plus. For those who want don’t want to go through much hassles for transferring their contacts from an Android to an iPhone or vice versa, the following instructions will guide you through the entire process.
We will be making use of an free app called Copy my data, which is available as a free download for both Android and iOS.
Note: Make sure that both your Android phone and the iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network. The following instructions are demonstrated by copying contacts from an Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to an iPhone 6 plus.
How to Transfer Contacts, Photos and Videos from Android to iPhone and Vice versa.
- Step 1: Download and install the Copy My Data app on both your Android and iPhone from the download links provided at the bottom of this page.
- Step 2: Open the app once it is installed and tap on Next.
- Step 3: Select To or From Another Device Over WiFi.
- Step 4: Now do the same on your iPhone.
- Step 5: The Copy my Data app for android should now display your iPhone. Tap on it to select the iPhone.
- Step 6: Tap on Copy Data to the Selected Device.
- Step 7: Now enter the pin provided by the app on your iPhone and tap on Next.
- Step 8: Select Contacts and tap on Next. You can also select Calendar, Photos and videos, but transferring these will take more time.
- Step 9: Wait for a while until the copying completes. Once the copying is complete, the contacts will be automatically added on your iPhone.
While this might seem to be a lengthy process, it is in fact one of the most easiest and fastest methods to transfer contacts from an android device to an iPhone without the need of a computer or mac.
Download: Copy my Data for Android
Download: Copy my Data for iOS