Are you still relying on the age old USB technology to transfer data between your PC and Android device? it’s time for you to jump to the wireless bandwagon.
Most computers and android devices today are still making using of USB 2.0 technology for wired data transfer. In my experience the maximum data transfer speed that you can achieve via USB 2.0 would be 10 to 15 MBps at max. While the USB tech may be the most reliable method to transfer data, there at times you will encounter with numerous bugs such as the phone being not recognizable by windows or in the worst case, the USB cable being damaged. So if you ever encounter such a problem, you can make use of an free tool known as Shareit to Wirelessly transfer data between your PC and Android device.
Developed by Lenovo, Shareit is an tool that enables wireless data transfer between a PC and Android devices. With the help of share it, you can transfer content including files, photos, video and documents between any supported PC and mobile device at lightning fast speed.
Using Shareit very simple, Just install the respective PC and mobile apps and you are ready to transfer files. There are two ways by which you can connect two devices with Shareit to share files.
- The first method will need both the devices to be connected to the same WiFi network.
- In the second method the primary device ( the one sending the files ) creates a WiFi hotspot, to which the receiver’s device connects automatically.
Note: The second method doesn’t work for iOS devices.
For those who want to transfer files wirelessly between a PC and Android device, Here’s how you can do it.
How to Transfer Files Wirelessly between a PC and Android Device
Note: Download the Shareit app for your PC and android device from the links provided at the bottom of this article and install them. In the following guide, I will be demonstrating the procedure to transfer files from an Android device to a PC via Share it on Windows 10. According to my experience , the first method is more reliable than the second so I will be connecting my PC and Android device to the same WiFi network in order to create a LAN connection.
- Step 1: Run the Shareit app on your PC and click on Receive.
- Step 2: Click on Friends cannot find you.
- Step 3: Click on Switch to the LAN mode.
- Step 4: Open the Shareit app on your Android device and tap on Send.
- Step 5: Tap on the files to select them and once you’ve selected all the files, tap on the Send button to send the files.
- Step 6: On the next screen, tap on your desktop’s icon to send the selected files to your PC.
That’s it. If everything goes fine, the file transfer should start immediately as shown in the screenshots below. The Files should be stored in the Shareit folder under Downloads in Windows.