Facebook is the largest social network to exist now. Many people might use it as an medium to interact with friends and family across the globe, but for many others, it’s simply a place to waste your time.
Well, Facebook has become an integral part of of lives today and it has has its share of negativity, but if used with caution it will definitely do you more good than harm. Now if you are a Facebook user who would like to speed up the way you interact with Facebook and probably save a little bit of your time, you should consider using these keyboard shortcuts for Facebook. These Facebook shortcuts can be used to quickly use most of Facebook’s functions including commenting, liking, creating messages and much more.
The Shortcut key combinations for Facebook are different based on which web browser you’re using. However the newsfeed shortcuts are same for all the web browsers.
Keyboard combination for different web browsers.
Find the right combination of keys for your browser in the list below, and replace # with the access key number listed under Access Keys below.
- Internet Explorer for PC: Alt + #, then Enter
- Firefox for PC: Shift + Alt + #
- Safari for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Firefox for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Chrome for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Chrome for PC: Alt + #
- 0 – Help ( Example: If you are using Chrome for PC, press ALT + 0 to bring up the helpcenter )
- 1 – Home
- 2 – Timeline
- 3 – Friends
- 4 – Inbox
- 5 – Notifications
- 6 – Settings
- 7 – Activity Log
- 8 – About
- 9 – Terms
- j and k – Scroll between News Feed stories
- enter/return – See more of the selected story
- p – Post a new status
- l – Like or unlike the selected story
- c – Comment on the selected story
- s – Share the selected story
- o – Open an attachment from the selected story
- / – Search
- q – Search chat contacts
- ? – Open a list of these keyboard shortcuts while in News Feed
- CTRL + g – Search conversations
- CTRL + q – Show/hide keyboard shortcuts
- CTRL + Delete – Archive/unarchive conversation
- CTRL + j – Mark as spam
- CTRL + m – Start a new message
- CTRL + i – Go to Inbox
- CTRL + u – Go to Other
Now that you know about all these shortcuts for Facebook, go ahead and try them for yourselves.