Facebook is the largest social network to exist now. Many people might use it as an medium to interact with friends and family across the globe, but for many others, it’s simply a place to waste your time.
Well, Facebook has become an integral part of of lives today and it has has its share of negativity, but if used with caution it will definitely do you more good than harm. Now if you are a Facebook user who would like to speed up the way you interact with Facebook and probably save a little bit of your time, you should consider using these keyboard shortcuts for Facebook. These Facebook shortcuts can be used to quickly use most of Facebook’s functions including commenting, liking, creating messages and much more.
The Shortcut key combinations for Facebook are different based on which web browser you’re using. However the newsfeed shortcuts are same for all the web browsers.
Keyboard combination for different web browsers.
Find the right combination of keys for your browser in the list below, and replace # with the access key number listed under Access Keys below.
- Internet Explorer for PC: Alt + #, then Enter
- Firefox for PC: Shift + Alt + #
- Safari for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Firefox for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Chrome for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #
- Chrome for PC: Alt + #
- 0 – Help ( Example: If you are using Chrome for PC, press ALT + 0 to bring up the helpcenter )
- 1 – Home
- 2 – Timeline
- 3 – Friends
- 4 – Inbox
- 5 – Notifications
- 6 – Settings
- 7 – Activity Log
- 8 – About
- 9 – Terms
- j and k – Scroll between News Feed stories
- enter/return – See more of the selected story
- p – Post a new status
- l – Like or unlike the selected story
- c – Comment on the selected story
- s – Share the selected story
- o – Open an attachment from the selected story
- / – Search
- q – Search chat contacts
- ? – Open a list of these keyboard shortcuts while in News Feed
- CTRL + g – Search conversations
- CTRL + q – Show/hide keyboard shortcuts
- CTRL + Delete – Archive/unarchive conversation
- CTRL + j – Mark as spam
- CTRL + m – Start a new message
- CTRL + i – Go to Inbox
- CTRL + u – Go to Other
Now that you know about all these shortcuts for Facebook, go ahead and try them for yourselves.
I don’t know if this works or not.
I have dealt with the hammer, the volcano, the clam, and the megaphone. Just last Friday I had the megaphone again, a sister-in-law that can’t even get along with her own children. She runs her husband down to everyone that will listen and also her children. She has called me for 20years telling me how terrible that they are and wants to talk for at least an hour. I have always listened and told her I that I will be praying for her and I do. She told me not to listen to her daughters cries and lies. We were all on Facebook and she saw her daughter asking me to call her that she was in distress. Then the mother calls me screaming at me as usual saying daughter is lying .I prayed on the phone for them both. Daughter listens and is rational but mother of the daughter says she has been saved and doesn’t seem to want my prayers or ever discuss GOD it goes on and on…I am at a loss and can’t deal with this anymore.