Cloud storage is becoming increasingly popular nowadays and as most of you might have already known, Google drive is now offering 15GB of free cloud storage space to everyone. Apart from the ones who are aware of these, most other users never make any use of this free storage. So lets know more about an interesting way to make the best use of this free cloud storage.
You can make very efficient use of this free storage by uploading all your important files from your PC to your Google drive storage, Or you can even use this free storage to download and save files directly from the Internet. This method can be very useful when you are browsing the internet from a device which has very limited storage space.
So by downloading files directly from the internet to your Google drive storage, you would be transferring files within the cloud, which will help you save the bandwidth that would otherwise be wasted by downloading it.
Developed by Amit Aggarwal, Save Web Files is a very useful web tool that can help you with downloading files directly to Google drive or other services like dropbox, Skydrive or Box. Using the service is very simple, simply head over to the site and enter the download link of any file in the input box provided.Next you need to click on any of the web services to which which you need to download the file and follow the instructions.
This web app works flawlessly on both PC’s, smartphones and other hand held devices as well. Follow the detailed instructions below to Download Web files directly to your Google Drive storage.
Instructions to Download Web files to Google Drive Directly
- Step 1: Head over to http://ctrlq.org/save/
- Step 2: Enter the download link in the input box provided.
- Step 3: Click on “Google drive” to start downloading the file to your Google drive storage. Alternatively you can even select from any of the other service such a Skydrive, Dropbox or Box and download the files to these services directly.
- Step 4: On the popup window that papers, click on “Connect to Google Drive” , after which you will be taken to a new page where you need to authorize the app to access your Google drive’s storage. Click on “Accept” to proceed further.
- Step 5: Finally you will see this page where you need to enter a name for the file to be downloaded and click on “Save As” to save the file to your Google Drive storage.