You can’t deny it but most of us are addicted to fast internet speeds. When your internet’s all good, surfing and browsing through sites is a breeze. But there comes a time when your internet gets slow as a snail. There can be many reasons why this happens, but the easiest and quickest fix for this problem is to change your computer’s DNS servers.
DNS servers are like a phonebook of the internet. These DNS servers help to translate human readable URL address into machine readable IP addresses which are actually the location of the server on which a website is hosted. So a faster DNS server will actually improve the loading speeds of websites on your computer.
But there’s a bummer, to be precise there are thousands of free to use public DNS servers and how will you choose the perfect DNS server for your internet connection? There are several free utilities on the internet to help you out with selecting the best DNS server for your internet connection, but here’s the easiest among them all.
DNSJumper is a small windows utility tool that will let you quickly switch between multiple DNS servers on a windows computer. Apart from switching through DNS servers, the utility even has a very useful feature to compare multiple DNS server and find the fastest among them. By default the utility has more than 30 DNS server to choose from and you can even add more DNS servers yourself.
Here’s how you can use DNSJumper to find the fastest DNS server for your computer.
Find the Best and Fastest DNS Server for your Internet Connection
- Step 1: Install and run DNS jumper on your computer from the link provided at the botttom of this article.
- Step 2: By default the utility has have more than 30 popular DNS servers to choose from. If you want to add a DNS server which is not listed, Click on the COG icon beside choose a DNS server and enter the DNS server addresses in the dialog box that appears.
- Step 3: To check for the fastest DNS server for your internet connection, Click on Fastest DNS button from the utility’s main interface.
- Step 4: In the dialog box that appears, select all the DNS servers that you want to compare between and click on the Find Fastest DNS button.
- Step 5: Within seconds the utility will ping the DNS servers individually and highlight the DNS server with the lowest ping, which is the best DNS server for your internet connection. Finally click on the Apply Fastest DNS button to instantly modify your existing DNS servers.
You can also do this without the need of any tool by simply using the Command prompt in windows and pinging each of the DNS servers. But again that will be a time consuming process.
Thank you Rafik, keep visiting back for more updates 🙂