Today we will be installing the latest version of Samsung’s official Android 4.2.2 Rom onto the Galaxy S3 . This firmware was leaked onto the internet a few days ago . Installing custom rom is easy as a having a pie . You just need to go on a Rom hunt and pick out a rom that satisfies your needs . For that you can head over to the XDA forums and check out the thread related to your mobile and where you can find loads of roms with different functions and features . But today we have the latest version for Samsung’s official jellybean 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 .
The new firmware includes features like :
- – Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- – New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- – New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- – Daydream
- – Driving mode
- – Actionable notifications
- – New Additions in Notification Center
- – Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- – Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- – Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- – Full screen Samsung apps
- – New S-Voice (from S4)
- – New smart switch widget
Note: Installing a custom rom will VOID your MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY ! . Please proceed ahead only if you are taking the risk of voiding your warranty or chances of getting your device bricked . We are no way responsible if anything that happens to your android device .
- – This firmware will increase your binary counter but the current binary and system status will remain official.
- – We have re-packaged this firmware from dump files.
- – There is no modem in this firmware, so the Modem you will be using before flashing this firmware will remain the same.
- – This is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- – We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
Details steps to install Android 4.3.3 on your Galaxy S3
- Download the rom file and unzip the contents to a folder : I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip
- Download the latest Samsung USB drivers required to work with Odin : Download here
- Download Odin 3.07 and run it with administrator privileges : Download here
- Restart your phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons) .
- Connect your phone to your PC and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- odinAdd I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes. If your mobile reboots successfully then you are on the latest version of android 4.2.2 .
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Boot-loop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and There you are with the latest version of android 4.2.2 .
Now that your Galaxy S3 in updated to the latest version of Android jellybean feel free to tinker around with its new features and if you have any doubts feel free to post them in the comment section below .