While most flagship Android devices are now getting the Android 4.4 update. Samsung on the other hand has finally managed to make the age old Android 4.3 Jellybean update available for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. The new Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 bring in a complete UI overhaul and a lot of new exciting features.
The Android 4.3 update is now available all across the world through a OTA update. But if you prefer to manually install android updates on your phone, here is a how to guide to help you install the latest Android 4.3 update on the Galaxy S3.
New features in Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Galaxy Gear support
- TRIM support (makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the one on Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4’s theme all over)
- New Samsung keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1., ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (from Galaxy S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface-exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Lets you control various parts of phone using voice commands-Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contracts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung app
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
What you will need?
Before we proceed further let’s make sure of things that we would be needing to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3. So here’s the list.
- 1. Download the Official Android 4.3 update from here: I9300XXUGMK6
- 2. Download Odin 3.07
- 3. Download and install the USB drivers for The Galaxy S3.
- 3. Good quality USB data cable
- 4. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings > System > Developer Options > Debugging > USB Debugging.
Make sure you have got all the above prerequisites ready and then you can follow the instructions below to Flash the Official Android 4.3 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Note: Flashing the Official Android 4.3 update will not delete the user data or any apps on your phone. But just in case to be safe, make sure to take a backup of your phone’s data.
How To Install Android 4.3 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3
- Step 1: Extract the Android 4.3 zip file on your desktop.
- Step 2: Extract the Odin 3.07 zip file and run Odin.
- Step 3: Switch off your phone and turn it on by holding the following button combination : Volume down + Home + Power button
- Step 4: Once you see the following screen, press the volume up button to enter the download mode.
- Step 5: Connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC using a Data cable. Once Odin detects your galaxy S3, the ID:COM status will turn blue and a Added message will be displayed.
- Step 6: Make sure only the Auto reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected and leave other options unchecked.
- Step 7: Click on the PDA button and navigate to the folder where you have extracted the zip file. Next Select the I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md5 file and click on Ok.
- Step 8: Click on the Start button to start flashing the Official Android 4.3 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Step 9: Wait until the update is installed on your Android phone and you see a Pass notification with a green background. Now you can remove the USB data cable from your phone and proceed with settings up Android 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Here are the screenshots of the Android 4.3 update running successfully on my Samsung Galaxy S3.Add to favorite