Facebook is the largest social network on this planet right now and it does a great job of connecting more than a billion people through the internet. The social network has enabled people to connect with friends, families and people all over the world. It has changed the way we interact with people and a lot more, however with too much power at stake, the social network has now shown its other side too.
Facebook had recently made it mandatory to use a separate app called Facebook messenger to send and receive messages. To be frank, there was never a need for an separate app for sending and receive messages on Facebook, However changes have been made and now the Facebook messenger is mandatory for sending and receiving messages with your friends and families on Facebook.
While the messenger app does bring in some new features, but overall it is something you need to worry about. The app’s long list of permissions is surely not normal for an messaging app and if you have been using the app, then you should already know that there is no way to log out of the app.
Yes, this is true. Unlike Facebook on the web, the Facebook messenger app does not have any option for logging out. Once you’re logged into it, it will always remain active in your phone’s background.
However there’s an simple workaround that can enable you to log out of the Facebook messenger app. Here’s how you can log out of the Facebook messenger app.
How to Log out of the Facebook Messenger App
- Step 1: Navigate to the recent apps on you android phone and clear the Facebook messenger app.
- Step 2: Open your phone’s Settings and navigate to Applications.
- Step 3: Scroll down the downloaded apps list and tap on the Messenger app.
- Step 4: On the app info screen, tap on Clear data.
- Step 5: Tap on Ok to confirm the Delete app data notification.
That’s it, You’ve successfully logged out of the Facebook messenger app. Now you can log into the Facebook messenger app using another account.
Alternatively you can also log out of the Facebook messenger app remotely from Facebook on the web. Here’s how you can log out of the Facebook messenger app from the web.
How to Remotely Log out of the Facebook Messenger App from the Web
- Step 1: Log into your Facebook account and got to your Account Settings.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Security Settings and Click on Where you’re logged in at the bottom of page.
You can then see the last location from where you were logged into your Facebook account using the Facebook messenger app. You will also find a End activity option right beside every session.
- Step 3: Click on End Activity to remotely log out of the Facebook messenger app.
That’s it, you can then see a ” Session expired ” notification on the Messenger app. Tap on Ok and you will be logged out of the Facebook messenger app.