The Xiaomi Redmi 1s was launched in India on September 2 through Flipkart. The phone’s initial demand was so high that within 2 seconds of the sale, the entire inventory of 38,000 Redmi 1s were sold out.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1s has the best hardware among its competitor smartphones and when it comes to its pricing, its still the indisputable winner. Inspite of all the bells and whistles that the Redmi 1s comes with, its still does not grant the user full control over the phone’s hardware and software.
For those who were able to secure an Redmi 1S from Flipkart, here is how you can root your Redmi 1s and unlock it from all the restrictions.
Note: Rooting your Redmi 1s will void its warranty and i will not be responsible for anything that happens with your phone in this process.
Enable Developer Mode
- Step 1: Open your phone’s settings and navigate to the About phone section.
- Step 2: Enable Developer mode on your Redmi 1s by quickly tapping on Android version until you you see a “ Developer mode has been enabled ” message.
- Step 3: Go back to the Settings and tap on Developer Options. Turn on Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
How to Root the Xiaomi Redmi 1s
- Step 1: Download the following file and copy it on your phone’s memory : Update.zip
- Step 2: Open the Updater app and from the options, tap on Reboot into Recovery mode.
- Step 3: Tap on English in the Mi-Recovery menu.
- Step 4: Tap on Install update.zip into System.
- Step 5: Tap on Yes to confirm installing the Update.zip file.
- Step 6: Once the update is complete you will see the following screen.
- Step 7: Next tap on Reboot > Reboot to System.
- Step 8: Once your phone reboots, open the security app and tap on permission and enable root permission.
That’s it, now your Redmi 1s has been successfully rooted. You can install the Root Checker app if you want to verify whether your Redmi 1s has been rooted or not