We all love YouTube . Whether its watching funny videos , crazy pets , tutorials or gameplay videos . YouTube has something for everyone . No doubt its a major productivity killer , but still YouTube has definitely changed the internet .
We have collected some of the most useful keyboard shortcuts for YouTube , which will help you to take full control of YouTube with your keyboard . I know you might already discovered many keyboard shortcuts for YouTube , but with this article i am sure you will discover some more new YouTube keyboard shortcuts .
Note: The numeric pad buttons cannot be used to control YouTube videos , only the top row numeric buttons can be used to control YouTube videos .
Useful YouTube keyboard Shortcuts
You can always use the Tab key to toggle through the following controls on YouTube .
Note: The tab button only works when you hover your mouse above the YouTube player or if you have selected the video player .
- Play / pause button
- Seek bar
- Pop-up video
YouTube player keyboard shortcuts
- J key – Back
- K key – Pause
- L key – Forward
- Left / right arrow – Jump 5 seconds into ahead or back of the YouTube video
- Home – Jump to the beginning of the video
- End – Jump to the end of the video
- Space – Play / Pause the video
- Number 1 to 9 – Each number from 1 to 9 lets you seek from 10% to 90 % of the YouTube video . If you want to skip to the middle of the video then press the 5 key to skip to 50% of the YouTube video .
- Number 0 – Jumps to the beginning of the YouTube video .
- Up / Down keys – control the volume of a YouTube videos
- F key – Video enters Fullscreen mode ( Works for some and for some doesn’t )
- Esc key – Video exits Escapes fullscreen mode
YouTube is constantly evolving and in the future YouTube might add many new features and even new keyboard shortcuts . If you know any more keyboard shortcuts than the above ones , do lets us know about them through the comments below .
Add to favorite