How to root any Android phone or tablet : If you have a bought a new android phone and did somewhat research about new apps and games , You might have come across the ” Root ” word many times . Lets check out what does root mean and how to root your Android phone .
Skip to the bottom for the complete collection of rooting guides for all android phones .
What is Rooting ?
Rooting is a term for getting users root access ( Privileged control ) into your Android phone’s operating system . Rooting your device allows you to gain total control over your android phone and removes all the restrictions imposed by the phone’s manufacturer or carriers .
Why should you root Android phone ?
Most Android phone manufacturers limit the users access to the android operating system and install a lot of bloatware in your android phone before selling it to you . These bloatware might not cause any problems in the beginning but after a few months of use you can see a noticeable lag on your android phone . Rooting your android phone allows you to remove these restrictions and explore your phone’s full potential . Here are some of the benefits to root your android phone .
- Rooting your android phone give you full control of your phone .
- Install amazing apps : The Google app store bans any app that requires root access in your phone , So basically you are missing a lot of awesome apps that are not available on the Google play store.
- Get Android updates earlier : Most manufacturers and carriers delay in releasing the latest android updates to their phones . If you root your phone you can install custom ROM.s which will allow you to install latest android versions much before your phone’s manufacturer releases them officially .
- Install Custom ROM’s : If you root your phone you can install ROM’s , which are basically heavily modified version of Android OS and include plenty of awesome and cool features .
- Customize your phone : A phone with root access will let You install custom launchers which will allow you to personalize your phone to a greater extent .
- Extend battery life : If you root Android phone you can install custom kernels that will enable low power consumption on your android phone and help extend your phone’s battery life .
- Increase phone performance : If you like overclocking , Root will allow you to increase or decrease your phone’s processor speed and improve performance .
- Backup your apps : By default Android does not allow you to backup your apps if you want to reset your phone . By rooting your android phone you can use software’s like Titanium backup to backup your apps and restore them after a reset.
- Install apps on SD card : Most Android phone have a limited amount of internal storage . If you root your android phone , then you can use your microSD card to install apps rather than the default phone memory .
- There are infinite possibilities after you root Android phone . you name it and there will be an app that can do it .
Why you should not root your android phone ?
But as there is no such thing as a free lunch , there is one major disadvantage. There are the major disadvantages of rooting your android phone .
- Voids warranty : Rooting your android phone will void its warranty . Well don’t be worried there is an easy solution to that . You can always download the official ROM of your phone and flash it to completely restore your rooted Android phone to its original state .
- Changes of Bricking : Not following the instructions to root your android phone may brick your android phone and make it an instant paperweight.
- Security risks : Rooting not only provides you complete access to your phone , Installing untrusted apps may lead to security risks on your android phone . it is always advised to install a proper antivirus to combat any threats .
What do you need to root Android phone ?
Before we start with the process of rooting your Android phone , lets make a list of files we require to root your phone .
- A Custom Recovery tool
- Root Checker to confirm if your phone has been rooted or not .
Preparation before rooting your android phone
- Fully charge your android phone
- Enable USB debugging on your android phone ,On the Galaxy S3 its located in the Menu > Settings > Developer options and check the box next to USB debugging. It will change across different android phones .
- Make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your phone .
Since all the Android phones are not similar , there are various methods to root different android phones . XDA Developer Forums is an community where you can find a lot of discussions related to latest android root methods , guides and Lots of Amazing Custom ROM’s and apps . If you have any kind of doubt regarding modifying your android phone do visit XDA forums . It is definitely the one stop for your every android questions and needs .
These process of rooting requires a little patience , You can try a more faster and easier method to Root Android phone without any computer .
Check the below links for instructions to root your android phone .
Lg escape is not on here
O+ is not in here ._.
can i root the rca model
yes, you can root the RCA tablet. I used a program called Kingo Android ROOT and it was 1 click to get it done.
why is there no info on how to root hkc tablets? I have a hkc P771A tablet I would like to root without using a computer, is there any info out there anyone out there would like share thanks
I used a card transfer device to load the programs onto my SD card – but still have been unsuccessful to root my HKC p771a – it seems that you first have to backup the tablet on your PC & then figure out how to get into recovery mode before it can be rooted without major harm – still working on it
How do o root Huawei ascend p1 without PC I downloaded framaroot 1.7 coz 1.8 wasn’t available nd shows confirm vulnerabilities dialog my build number is U9200-1V100R001ZAFC16B100
How to root samsung galaxy grand duos ???
how to root LEMON P8 phone
how to root Samsung galaxy grand quattro?
How to root sprint flash
how to root ninetology stealth 2
how to root bsnl penta ws707c ?
how to root aakash 3 ??
how to root panasonic t21 phone
How to root RCA tablet droid 4.2.2 without PC
Can the galaxy mega root
I can’t root my Micromax a69,Can you just check out and reply me as soon as possible.
how can i root my infinix race bolt Q
can i root my micromax bolt a69 if yes the how
L g optimus zip is not there
can root my garnet w390 (Cherry Mobile)
My mobile is xperia m to root my mobile
The ZTE 995 overture isn’t listed, it’s newer can it be rooted.
i can not Root my samsung galaxy S GTI 9000. how can it’s posibal
I have a Xperia Z1 and I want to root it. Why? because I can’t wait the update of Android Lollipop.
I m using My cell P8 model tab. How can I root it?
How to root samsung galaxy j2 (2016)